Built as part of the Hospital of St. Roch. Already in 4th century was here a small,-early Christian, so called trichora form, similar like in P?cs, (which is a part of the UNESCO World Heritage list),-cemetery chapel.(not proved) - In fact in 1711 built a chapel for the patron saint of St. Roch (to eliminate the devastating plague). Expanded after the 1739-40's plague epidemic, giving thanks to God and the patron Saint, because this epdemic avoided Pest City. In 1746 the city council had built a hermitage on the back wall of the sanctuary. The last hermit of St.Roch,-Andreas,-died in 1810, and was buried in the Servite's crypt. - Between 1751 and 1765 built the tower and the sacred statues of the facade. This place became a permanent center annual ceremonies and processions. In 1797,-at the time of built the Public Hospital,- the chapel was renovated, a music gallery was built over the entrance, developed the final form of the spire, two new bells was donated by Vicar Board. - The sanctuary is decorated with monumental painted stone images, made by Esther Matthioni in 1963. Here can be see on the left wall, the image of St. Roch and on the right, image of St. Rosalia. On pedestal of the new altar is a wood sculpture composition. There is on left St. Roch with a stick and a dog, on right plague patients, on the back the cave of Nativity (at Christmas time it is turned for front side).The crypt decoration also works of Mattioni Esther: The painted Agnus Dei stone altar, on the floor pics of the seasons with zodiac and Christian symbols. The shrine valuable objects are: the relic of tree of the Cross of Christ, and relics Saints of Roch, Sebastian and Rosalie. A particularly valuable treasure is a ??silver chalice, made around mid 18th Century decorated with pictures of the three plague Saints of Roch, Sebastian and Rosalie. Over the side of the altar is an image of Mary of Czestochowa (Poland)in 18th century, At the entrance is a statue of Mary also in 18th century, - Outside column before ake the chapel is a statue of the Immaculata ( the memory of the publication of Immaculate Conception dogma) made in1867. Also at the entrance can be found a statuette of Miraculous medal of the Immaculate Virgin, a work of K?roly Antal, in 1944. Right next to chapel is a stone cross. The facade decorated with statues of the saints (Roch, Gellert, John of Nepomuk, Laszlo, Elizabeth, Stephen, Margaret, Emeric and Rosalia). On the left (of the facade) placed a memory plate about the Big Pest flood (1838).
The above content is provided by Wikivoyage