The « Crown Lodge » was launched in May 2002. It is a private Steward suite converted to allow tourists from around the world to discover, in optimum conditions of comfort and safety the electric atmosphere of horse racing in Mauritius.
The Crown Lodge:
A unique excursion which combines history, tradition, « glamor » & excitement !
The lodge is located on the VIP balcony, next to the Mauritius Turf Club president's Lodge
A strategic position which allows an unobstructed view of the finish line and "the paddock"
The tour is children friendly.
Races in Mauritius are organized and animated by professionals.
This site is unique on the island and Crown Lodge invites you to watch the show in ideal conditions whilst benefiting from the legendary Mauritian hospitality at its best.
Approximately every thirty minutes, a sweeping roar rises from Port-Louis as the pack makes its way into straight... Mauritius is at a standstill to the Champs de Mars.
Throughout the day, you will be pampered by JR and his team, complimentary snacks and drinks, betting booth, racing specialists to answer all your queries. A crew of waiters ready to cater for your every need.
Meet the racing professionals who regularly call at the box for a drink with the guests, watch the ongoing fashion show of the ladies dress up in their best. As a result, time flies until the meeting is over.
Hot and cold canapés including some Mauritian specialties and drinks are served upon clients request from 12.00a.m to 5p.m.
Dress code Chic - Casual Smart
1. Access to reserved balcony overlooking the paddock.
2. Access to private box.
3. Access to private teller "Supertote".
4. Free soft drinks from 12.00a.m to 5.p.m.
5. Free alcoholic drinks (Beers, sparkilng wine,...)
6. Transfer from and back to hotel.
Eat and Drink
- Le Courtyard Restaurant - Port Louis (0.7 miles) - Le restaurant Le Courtyard se distingue par sa situation privilégiée, au cœur de Port Louis et pr...
- L'Aventure du Sucre - Pamplemousses (6.2 miles) - A LITTLE BIT OF HISTORY The setting for this gem of a museum is an old factory, itself evoking bygone...
- BEACH ROUGE - Belle Mare (17.5 miles) - BEACH ROUGE Occupying a prime spot right on the sands and with spectacular views across the Indian Oc...
See and Do
- Crown Lodge Mauritius Port Louis (0.0 miles) - The « Crown Lodge » was launched in May 2002. It is a private Steward suite converted to allow tou...
- Destination Soleil Baie du Tombeau (2.4 miles) - Destination Soleil is a DMC &Tour Operator, the services we render to the tourists and travelers inc...
- L'Aventure du Sucre Pamplemousses (6.2 miles) - A LITTLE BIT OF HISTORY The setting for this gem of a museum is an old factory, itself evoking bygone...