Just 45 minutes from Christchurch and set in the foothills of the Mt Thomas Forest Conservation Area. Camping as it should be. Lose yourself in 12 acres of lush native camp ground set beside 13 acres of picnic area alongside the clean, clear Ashley Gorge River. The park is nestled against the Mt Thomas Forest Conservation Area and recreational opportunities range from interesting short walks to scenic waterfalls, challenging tramping routes along exposed mountain tops, as well as kayaking, rafting and mountain biking.
Whether you are young and wanting adventure or young at heart looking for relaxation you will find the perfect spot at Ashley Gorge.
Specialising in family camping enjoy great amenities including;
• 2 playgrounds
• Great Swimming river for all ages
• Camp shop for all your treats & holiday necessities including ice in the summer
• Lots of hot water for showers
• Space for children to run, ride bikes, play & explore
• Enough space for some peace and quiet, if that is what you want
• Good clean facilities
• Walking, hiking and mountain bike tracks near by
• Fishing in the river
• Limited pet friendly sites, please contact us
• Free use of BBQ’s
• Wifi & Internet
• Bike tracks for children
• Qualmark 4 star Holiday Park
• Generous powered/unpowered sites
• Group facilities/accommodation
In the delightful rural town of Oxford you’ll find boutique shops, iconic cafes, an art gallery, museum and quaint Sunday Farmers Market as well as a great supermarkets and takeaway outlets.
Your hosts Sally & Wayne look forward to welcoming you to their little piece of paradise in the middle of the beautiful South Island.
Eat and Drink
- Ashley Gorge Kiwi Holiday Park - Oxford (0.0 miles) - Paradise Found! Just 45 minutes from Christchurch and set in the foothills of the Mt Thomas Forest Co...
See and Do
- Ashley Gorge Kiwi Holiday Park Oxford (0.0 miles) - Paradise Found! Just 45 minutes from Christchurch and set in the foothills of the Mt Thomas Forest Co...
- Wee Dram Farm Park fernside (10.1 miles) - Enjoy an amazing fun day out with our animals, get up close, meet some furry babies and learn about ...
- Kowhai Farm Oxford (10.2 miles) - Welcome to Kowhai farm in New Zealand, we offer half day, full day and multi day horse riding tours. ...
- Blackhouse Vineyard B&B Rangiora RD1 (12.7 miles) - Blackhouse Vineyard b&b is a boutique bed and breakfast situated ten minutes from Rangiora. We are a...
- Porters Ski Area Springfield, Porters Pass (16.6 miles) - Porter Ski Area – Christchurch’s favourite ski field. Located just 89kms from the centre of Chris...