Open daily from 10am - 4pm during summer season. Check on-line for winter hours.
A unique outdoor museum in a 4.4 hectares park-like setting with more than 40 buildings, some authentic. Buildings are open to display items from the 1850 - 1950 era in a life-like setting of our pioneers. Sense the hardships, imagine the lifestyle while you walk in the footsteps of our Taranaki forefathers & enjoy the animals on the property. Take a ride on the "Pioneer Express" train.
Picnic facilities available or enjoy the mouthwatering food at the on-site cafe.
Group bookings are essential (concessions apply) with tours available to suit at no extra charge.
Train rides $3 extra for all ($5 without Village entry)
Concessions apply for groups of 10 or more.
Eat and Drink
- The Gelato Caffe - Hawera (17.2 miles) - We are an European style cafe with home made food incl. cooked breakfast, pizza, burger, sandwiches,...
- Cobb & Co. New Plymouth - New Plymouth (22.3 miles) - Welcome back to New Zealand's original Restaurant and Saloon! Visit Cobb & Co. for a friendly en...
- Nice Hotel & Table Restaurant - New Plymouth (22.4 miles) - A boutique hotel and restaurant offering sophisticated comfort and award-winning dining in the heart...
See and Do
- Taranaki Pioneer Village Stratford (0.0 miles) - Open daily from 10am - 4pm during summer season. Check on-line for winter hours. A unique outdoor m...
- Govett-Brewster Art Gallery New Plymouth (22.6 miles) - The Govett-Brewster Art Gallery is New Zealand's contemporary art museum and home to the collect...