The tour visits 3 different filming locations in and around Split, Croatia. First, you’ll take a walking tour of the 1700-year-old Diocletian’s Palace in the heart of Split’s old town. You’ll wander the streets that became Meereen, the palace basements and Daenarys’ throne room.
Next, you’ll take an air conditioned transfer to the mountain village of Klis, about 20 minutes outside Split. In this tiny village lies Klis Fortress, which stands tall on the end of a rocky cliff offering the absolute best view of Split, the Adriatic Sea and neighboring islands. Your guide will take you on a walking tour of the fortress, during which he’ll tell you about the Game of Thrones scenes that were filmed here as well as some of the local Croatian history.
Finally, you’ll visit a 600-year-old stone water mill on the Žrnovnica River that still mills flour to this day. This water mill and the Žrnovnica River that runs along side of it were the setting of several scenes from Game of Thrones as well. Here, you’ll enjoy a traditional Croatian barbecue feast with homemade bread from the mill and local wine.
The Game of Thrones Tour in Split, Croatia includes:
- 2 tours in 1 – Learn about both Game of Thrones and the history of Split
- Local expert guide
- Semi-private tour experience (Max 2-8 people per tour)
- Walking tour of Diocletian’s Palace (including admission)
- Walking tour of Klis Fortress (including admission)
- Visit to the water mill filming location
- Traditional Croatian peka barbecue lunch with local wine, water and homemade bread at the water mill (most diet restrictions accommodated, by request)
- Round trip air conditioned transfers
- Endless photo opportunities
- Pick up at your accommodation, in most cases
Our tour is recommended by both the Split-Dalmatia County Tourist Board and the Dubrovnik-Neretva County Tourist Board.
All guests of the Game of Thrones Tour will be picked up at their accommodation in Split by their tour guide. During booking, there will be an opportunity to provide your pick up address. If you do not yet know your accommodation address, then you are welcome to send it via email at a later time prior to the tour date. For guests arriving by ferry or cruise ship, we’ll provide you with a meeting point.
We will contact all guests via the email used during booking 1-2 days before the scheduled tour to confirm pick up point and time. If we do not hear back from the guest before 12:00am midnight the day before the tour confirming pick up, we will cancel your booking.
April 1 through September 30
- Morning Tour: 10:00am
- Afternoon Tour: 4:30pm *Recommended June, July & August*
October 1 through March 31
- Morning Tour: 10:00am
During summer season, we recommend booking at least 2 weeks in advance to guarantee a spot on your chosen day.
Eat and Drink
- Game of Thrones Tour in Split, Croatia - Split (0.0 miles) - The tour visits 3 different filming locations in and around Split, Croatia. First, you’ll take a w...
- Ventula Travel DMC - Split (0.7 miles) - Welcome to our world! We are a small, family-owned boutique travel company renowned for creating in...
- Dalmatino - Hvar (23.5 miles) - Steak&Fish House DALMATINO comes as a result of a long-lasting family tradition, dedicated work and ...
- Restaurant “Kod Barba Luke” - Stari Grad (23.8 miles) - Kod barba Luke is a family friendly restaurant situated in Stari Grad, an ancient city which parts b...
See and Do
- Game of Thrones Tour in Split, Croatia Split (0.0 miles) - The tour visits 3 different filming locations in and around Split, Croatia. First, you’ll take a w...
- Ventula Travel DMC Split (0.7 miles) - Ventula Travel DMC is a small, family-owned boutique travel company renowned for creating innovative...
- Ventula Travel DMC Split (0.7 miles) - Welcome to our world! We are a small, family-owned boutique travel company renowned for creating in...
- Hello Blue Cave Split (0.7 miles) - The main activity of our company is organisation of various speed boat day tours starting from city ...
- Adriatica Transfer Split (0.9 miles) - The main activity of our agency is organisation of various boat trips starting from city of Split (C...