At Robins Reach we have the experience and expertise to provide quality, affordable archery tuition to individuals and groups of all ages and abilities. Tuition and instruction can be provided at our range in the tranquil countryside of Little Staughton, Bedfordshire. Or, if you prefer, we have the capability to bring Archery to your venue (subject to satisfactory safety check).
HAVE a GO TASTER SESSIONS.
If you have ever fancied yourself as a budding Robin Hood or Maid Marion, but not quite sure whether Archery is for you; then why not try a 1 hour fun session? It's exactly that: FUN and you certainly get a feel for it. If you feel that getting those arrows in the gold gets you hooked, then a discount will be offered if you decide to go on to do the full course.
Set the scene; you've got everything for the event, but feel that there could be a little added extra..Why not ARCHERY? It's competitive, it's fun, and gives a great feeling of achievement when you get those arrows in the gold..All equipment is supplied and full instruction will be given by qualified instructor(s).
looking for something different from the norm? Then why not try an Archery Party?
To give you some ideas:
We cater for groups/parties of kids or big kids (adults) from age 6 upwards.
Group sessions usually last 1,1/1/2, or 2 hours depending upon age range and size of group.
At the start of your experience, our instructor(s) will demonstrate and teach the basics in shooting, also explaining the safety issues of Archery. Everyone gets to have several practice goes, preparing you for a final competition.
Prizes for the winners and some fun shooting too.
We are able to accommodate a maximum of 20 people, but 12 - 20 is a more comfortable group size. Dependent upon your group size we will tailor our staffing levels in order make sure your group has a memorable time.
Here at Robins Reach, we have all the facilities and equipment to give private tuition to complete novices. Want to join a club? Then the first step is to undertake a beginner's course which is generally recognized as being a minimum of 8 hours.
Most clubs only run limited courses on average 2 to 3 times a year where at Robins Reach we can offer courses at any time of day, 7 days a week, over 2, 3 or 4 sessions at a mutually convenient time. However, in winter, with the dark evenings, we find daytime/weekend sessions most appropriate. Courses are ran at club level and cover basic training in Recurve Archery plus in-depth safety etiquette ; archery etiquette; different bow disciplines; Olympic Recurve, Bare bow Style, equipment set up, terminology and basic maintenance and advice on equipment needed to take up the sport.
A certificate will be supplied at the end of successful completion of the 8-hour course which should (subject to club policy) enable the client(s) to join and affiliate with any archery club of their choice. Our qualified, experienced coach can also offer intensive one-to-one coaching for those requiring in-depth personal training. The same level of tuition can be provided for groups of up to 4 people involving a little less individual attention, but gaining experience from group activity. We can happily offer Archery sessions to groups of more than 4. Where necessary, in order not to compromise the level of service with which we pride ourselves, we would employ the services of another qualified instructor.
Want to improve, lower your handicap, move your classification up a notch, and can't just quite get there or are you asking yourself that dreaded question again "what's wrong with me? I know I can do better because I have done better."
Perhaps some 1:1 coaching is the answer. The problem might not even be with you. It could be with your set up. We can coach from the absolute beginner through to Bowmen class / County level. Our Qualified Archery GB Coach who has shot for Beds and Cambs Counties has nearly 30yrs experience shooting with Olympic Recurve free style, traditional English Longbow, and Compound unlimited.
Points our Coach would cover:
Observations, Archer and Equipment
Equipment set up
Stance, Style, shot preparation
Eat and Drink
- The Coffee Cup - Colmworth (3.2 miles) - A place to catch up with friends and feel at home. Enjoy freshly ground coffee, homemade cakes and a...
- Ride Leisure Events Ltd - Wyboston (4.6 miles) - Ride Leisure is situated on the Beds/Cambs boarder, near the historic town of St Neots. Our venue is...
- A Different Brew - Clapham (8.1 miles) - A Different Brew is the most recent project of Beds Garden Carers (BGC). The new venture is staffed ...
- Amici Bedford - Bedford (8.3 miles) - Amici is Italian & Mediterranean family indipendent restaurant offer fresh home-made food in Cody an...
- The Five Bells at Cople - Bedford (8.5 miles) - The Five Bells is an attractive olde worlde pub dating back to the 17th century. Located in the cent...
See and Do
- Robins Reach Archery Bedford, Bedfordshire. (0.0 miles) - At Robins Reach we have the experience and expertise to provide quality, affordable archery tuition ...
- Colmworth Golf Club Colmworth (3.2 miles) - An 18 Hole Bedfordshire Golf Course (and so much more…!) We’re easy to get to: Only minutes away f...
- Colmworth Fishing Lakes Colmworth (3.2 miles) - Something of a hidden gem, Colmworth’s fishing facilities are well maintained, and rapidly becomin...
- Ride Leisure Events Ltd Wyboston (4.6 miles) - Ride Leisure is situated on the Beds/Cambs boarder, near the historic town of St Neots. Our venue is...
- Abbotsley Golf Hotel St Neots (6.8 miles) - Abbotsley Golf Hotel is a large golf complex open to all, specializing in golf, hotel accommodation,...
- The Sheep Shop - Cambridge (21.9 miles) - We are a wool and yarn shop in Cambridge, voted one of the best wool shops in the UK. You'll fin...