The Museum of Toruń Gingerbread is a unique tourist attraction. Not only is it Poland’s largest museum dedicated to the history of gingerbread but it is designed to be modern and interactive and solely dedicated to the long-standing European tradition of gingerbread making.
Things to see and do in the museum
Once you enter the former Gustav Weese gingerbread factory you are offered a tour during which you can learn many secrets about Toruń gingerbread: the ingredients necessary to prepare the dough, the baking techniques used as well as the gingerbread trade across the centuries.
The Museum of Toruń Gingerbread features three exhibition floors. There are many surprises to be found here and attractions to enjoy, including a film about katarzynka (Little Kate),the most famous Toruń gingerbread biscuit, and an exhibition of early gingerbread moulds and ovens. In addition you will find an interactive recipe book, a multi-media show on the modern techniques used in Toruń-based Fabryka Cukiernicza ‘Kopernik’ S.A., and a ‘meeting’ with our own ‘Gustav Weese’, the former factory owner.
You will also be invited to participate in a workshop giving you the hands-on experience of making your own gingerbread souvenir from dough prepared according to the original recipe, and then given a chance to taste this delicacy.
The exhibition tour allows you to become familiar with a wide variety of gingerbread biscuits, a unique collection of former packagings, as well as gingerbread production techniques both past and present.
On your own you can visit a café-club arranged in the style of the 1970s.
1 May – 30 June, 10.00 a.m.- 6 p.m.
Monday – Sunday
1 July – 30 September:
Tuesday – Sunday, 10.00 a.m.- 6 p.m.
1 October – 30 April:
Tuesday – Sunday, 10.00 a.m.- 4 p.m.
Ticket prices, exhibition and gingerbread baking workshop – normal: PLN 12, reduced: PLN 8
Ticket prices, gingerbread baking workshop (excluding exhibition) – normal: PLN 7, reduced: PLN 5
(the workshops start every hour – from 10 to 17 in the period from May to September; from 10 to 15 in the period from October to April)
Ticket prices, exhibition - normal: PLN 9, reduced: PLN 6.
Tickets are available from the ticket window of the Museum of Toruń Gingerbread and in all other ticket windows of the District Museum in Toruń.
Gingerbread feast is a perfect occasion to spend free time with your friends and relatives. It is also a great way to make conference and business meetings more attractive. You can pleasantly spend time in the historical interiors of the old gingerbread factory, where the Museum of Toruń Gingerbread is located, by getting to know the tastes and smells of Toruń's specialities.
Each meeting includes the visit to the Museum exhibition (“The Sensual World of Gingerbread”; “The Gingerbread Roots – from Mould to Oven”; “Gingerbread in the Lounge, Kitchen, Shop and Club”), baking your own gingerbread souvenirs and a refreshments including mead and gingerbread.
The sponsor of the exhibitions is the Fabryka Cukiernicza "Kopernik" S.A. (Confectionery Factory "Kopernik" S.A.)
See and Do
- The Museum of Toruń Gingerbread Toruń (0.0 miles) - The Museum of Toruń Gingerbread is a unique tourist attraction. Not only is it Poland’s largest m...
- The Museum of the History of Toruń (The Eskens' House) Toruń (0.1 miles) - Relatively little information about Eskens’ House preserved. It is known it was built as a family ...
- Under the Star House Toruń (0.1 miles) - The Star House is an excellent example of the historical lavish residences of wealthy burghers and p...
- Old Town Hall Toruń (0.2 miles) - Throughout the centuries the Old Town Hall has been the most famous and representative secular edifi...
- Explorers’ Museum of Tony Halik Toruń (0.2 miles) - It is said that journeys educate- and it is the truth. They bring us closer to the knowledge in the ...