Munira is a firm that specializes in leather goods with an exclusive family tradition. Among the products made are handbags, wallets, many accessories, calligraphies and framed art pieces.
Munira Leather was founded in the 1980's with the help of its founder Munira Mendonça in a small workshop in the Alpujarras.
Over time, she improved her skills in leather working, and developed a range of products with their own unique identity. Because of the shop’s location, and her love of the Granada tradition, her designs are inspired by the art that still exists in the streets of Granada. She also specializes in the traditional tooled and carved leather techniques of Granada a dying artesania here. Her vision was, and remains, to incorporate traditional techniques for the production of modern accessories.
Much has changed since the founding of the company. What began as a crafts workshop, where many models are manufactured without continuity, it has now become more professional thanks to demand and customer feedback. Now, collections and stock are taken into account to give our customers the best possible experience. We also specialize in custom orders.
Each skin, motif, color, design pass through our hands, which ensures for quality standards which ultimately defines us and the commitment we owe to our customers.
Today, the headquarters of the firm is located in Plaza Nueva, in the heart of Granada, where design, production and impact products continue to be innovated and developed with new techniques for the same purpose - to create unique and exclusive leather products.
Following family tradition, the firm today is formed by the founder Munira Mendonça who is the designer of unique pieces and is considered as one of the last "repujadoras" (tooled and carved leather) of Granada. Her son, Hamsa Bermejo, takes on the multidisciplinary tradition of innovation and designing through the use of new techniques that are now common in the world of leather. In addition, depending on the workload, many skilled workers are incorporated in different fields for the production of leather goods.
The passion and love for what we do is what keeps us motivated. We put all our effort into creating unique and exclusive leather products which can be enjoyed over time, and that can be passed from generation to generation. The result is a classic and innovative timeless product which is made to last, so you will always be beyond fashion.
"Our enemy is time, and with our products, we managed to win the battle. Durability, strength and design are the words that guide every daily project we undertake. The final product is only available after hours and hours of work on the design, the choice of the best raw materials, craftsmanship and tradition in leather manufacturing. Our goal, your satisfaction - today, tomorrow and forever. "
The following are a few reviews from trip advisor:
“If you are in search of the mundane, the run-of-the-mill or the mass produced, then simply walk away...but if you seek craftsmanship, superlative workmanship - which can only be the labour of love - or if you wish to take away with you an enduring piece of the eternal Al Andaluz carefully and painstakingly woven into every piece of art, then step into this magical place along the footsteps of Albaicin. I did.
In Munira, I not only found exquisite imagery and delightful expressions of the Alhambra, but also the spirit and soul of Granada and its Moorish heritage, all captured masterfully through thoughtful and intricate designs, delicate patterns and vibrant colours.
Munira is not a shop. It is an experience of Andalucia.
Fine quality shopping with good value
The owner, Munira Mendonca, is a gracious proprietor who went above and beyond to create
a leather watchband to replace a broken one. It was fascinating to see her leatherworking shop
above the store as she created the watchband. Other purchases were made by us and by people from our tour group that we directed there. Great collection of local handcrafted leather,
jewelry, art work, ceramics and other wares. Definitely a must see!
Found this shop while strolling .... What a find! Found an unusual pocketbook and lovely leather bracelet. This is not your typical tourist trap - they have local artist products. The salesperson was awesome - I wanted the pocketbook with another accent color - she went out of her way to get it. Great shop - definetly worth going!
So, I hope you will come and visit us!
Eat and Drink
- Walk In Granada Tours - Granada (0.0 miles) - We are a local tour operator in Granada that believes in a Responsible and Sustainable Tourism. We o...
- La Fontana - Granada (0.2 miles) - Located in the famous Albayzin district, at the foot of Alhambra and in the heart of famous Carrera ...
- Damasqueros - Granada (0.2 miles) - Mixing tradition and vanguard. We make a traditional, Andalusian cuisine, without artifice, simple b...
- Restaurante Tablao flamenco Jardines de Zoraya - Granada (0.5 miles) - Los Jardines de Zoraya enjoys a privileged location in the historic Albaicin quarter of Granada, jus...
- Restaurante Mirador Casa Paco - Granada (1.0 miles) - Enjoy the best views of the city of Granada from our terrace or our dinning lounge. We offer the best...
See and Do
- Munira Leather Granada (0.0 miles) - Munira Leather. Munira is a firm that specializes in leather goods with an exclusive family traditio...
- Walk In Granada Tours Granada (0.0 miles) - We are a local tour operator in Granada that believes in a Responsible and Sustainable Tourism. We o...
- Cooltra Motos Granada (0.2 miles) - Tired of walking or riding the bus? A great way to get around the city is by scooter! Granada is ful...
- Granada Tapas Tours Granada (0.2 miles) - At Granada Tapas Tours we offer a food and drink EXPERIENCE with a friendly, local expert. It´s so ...
- Restaurante Tablao flamenco Jardines de Zoraya Granada (0.5 miles) - Los Jardines de Zoraya enjoys a privileged location in the historic Albaicin quarter of Granada, jus...