From horses to horticulture the Irish National Stud & Gardens is one of Ireland’s true treasures.
The Stud Farm is the home of equine royalty, immaculately-bred stallions who can be seen and admired alongside protective mares, frolicking foals and athletic yearlings.
In the world-famous Japanese Gardens, you can follow the path called the 'Life of Man' which traces the passage of a soul from birth to death and beyond, at the same time providing a meeting place for the cultures of East and West.
St Fiachra's Garden symbolises the power of the Irish landscape, while the Horse Museum includes the skeleton of the legendary Arkle.
See retired equine stars like Hurricane Fly, Moscow Flyer, Kicking King, Beef or Salmon, and Rite of Passage on the stud’s 'Living Legend's' team.
Enjoy this unique experience as part of a guided tour or at your own leisure.
Open daily 9.00am - 6.00pm (last admission 5pm). Open early February to early November.
Seniors over 60 years €9.50
Students over 16 years €9.50
Children up to 16 years €7.00
Children under 5 years FREE
Family (2 adults & up to 4 children under 16) €29.50
All tickets include a guided tour, please refer to website for tour times.
Group rates available upon request.
Book online for discounted rates.
Approx. visit time is 2/3 hours. Guided tours last approx. 45 minutes.
DINING / REFRESHMENTS
Full restaurant serving morning coffee; afternoon tea and scones; full lunches and light refreshments and wine.
Free car and coach parking on-site.
The Stud and St Fiachra's Garden are fully wheelchair accessible. The Japanese Gardens are partially accessible. Fully accessible toilet available in the Visitor Cente and at the children's playground.
The Stud is located 48km south of Dublin off the main M7 motorway (take Exit 13 onto the R 415). It is easily accessible from Dublin Airport, Dublin Port and Dun Laoghaire Ferry Port.
Eat and Drink
- Irish National Stud & Gardens - Kildare (0.0 miles) - From horses to horticulture the Irish National Stud & Gardens is one of Ireland’s true treasures. T...
- The Five Rooms - Naas (11.1 miles) - New world Tapas & wine bar Open Wed-Sat 6-10pm Sun 5-9pm Wednesdays 555: Tapas €5.55 Mojitos €5....
- The Blessington Bookstore & Coffeeshop - Blessington (15.3 miles) - The Blessington Bookstore is an independent bookstore providing new releases, local interest books a...
- Stone Haven Restaurant - Mill St, Maynooth (20.7 miles) - The Stone Haven Restaurant is a family run restaurant which provides a stylish and relaxing dining e...
- Picaderos Restaurant - Maynooth (20.7 miles) - Picaderos is a restaurant devoted exclusively to of Spanish & Latin cuisines with a mix of Spanish, ...
See and Do
- Irish National Stud & Gardens Kildare (0.0 miles) - From horses to horticulture the Irish National Stud & Gardens is one of Ireland’s true treasures. T...
- Kildare Town Heritage Centre & Tourist Office Kildare Town (1.0 miles) - Kildare Town Heritage Centre is an exciting visitor attraction in the picturesque town of Kildare. I...
- Kildare Farm Foods Open Farm & Shop Kildare (2.7 miles) - Family time is precious so spend it well. A visit to Kildare Farm Foods Open Farm & Shop embraces al...
- The Newbridge Silverware Visitor Centre Newbridge (4.8 miles) - About Newbridge Silverware History, heritage and craft have been synonymous with Newbridge Silverware...
- Mondello Park Naas (10.0 miles) - Mondello Park is the home of motorsport in Ireland. As Irelands only internationally recognised raci...