In answer to a customary question - Paris Texas is
a small town in north-east Texas and also a 1984
Wim Wenders movie starring Harry Dean Stanton
and Nastassja Kinski that won the Palme d’Or at the
Cannes Film Festival. Of particular note is the movie’s
soundtrack album composed by Ry Cooder – a quality
sound that is distinctive, authentic and uniquely
American. It’s these attributes that hit exactly on our
philosophy “to offer a quality menu that is distinctive,
authentic and uniquely American”. Adding value to this
provides the complete experience.
Following many visits to the southern states of Georgia, the Carolinas and Louisiana we are convinced that there is something special in this food that Irish people will love as much as we do. American Barbecue food is perfect with beer and perfect for casual dining in a bar – and it is fun! Then the French / Cajun influence of New Orleans adds a bit of finesse to ensure there is something for everyone.
To guarantee that you get the ‘real deal’ in American food our American chef has brought his unique recipes to Paris Texas and prepares them with specialist equipment including our wood smoker, broiler and char-grill which have been imported from Texas. Our dishes are prepared to suit all palates. A feature of smoked meats is that they are dry-rubbed or marinated first. As a result some of our dishes are both smokey and spicy but many are not. Some are delicately smoked (like our lamb sirloin) while others are stronger, like our ribs. But pork loves smoke – try the pulled pork to prove it for yourself!
We use all the local suppliers and ingredients that we can but for authenticity some things are imported – ghost peppers for our hottest ‘loco caliente’ sauce being a good example.
Paris Texas has an extensive range of beers on tap and in bottle to meet and challenge your tastes – just as our food does. We also pride ourselves on our range of spirits, particularly whiskeys, rums, gins and vodkas. All these spirits encourage experimentation so we probably have a cocktail with your name on it. Some even use our home-made lemonade. We also offer all our wines, including prosecco, by the glass as well as bottle.
So if you want to experience ‘real deal’ American southwest cuisine and a genuine Irish welcome we think you have made the right choice. Our team are always on hand to help you with menu choices and suggestions that will suit your mood today.
Eat and Drink
- Paris Texas Bar and Smokehouse - Kilkenny (0.0 miles) - In answer to a customary question - Paris Texas is a small town in north-east Texas and also a 1984 ...
- Kilkenny Design Centre - Kilkenny (0.2 miles) - Based in the medieval city of Kilkenny, the craft capital of Ireland, Kilkenny Design Centre is part...
- Brandon House Hotel & Solas Croi Spa - Wexford (22.4 miles) - The Four Star Brandon House Hotel and Solas Croí Eco Spa is a Country Manor House conveniently situ...
See and Do
- Kilkenny Design Centre Kilkenny (0.2 miles) - Based in the medieval city of Kilkenny, the craft capital of Ireland, Kilkenny Design Centre is part...
- The Orchard Salon and Day Spa Kilkenny (0.4 miles) - The Orchard Salon & day spa at Hotel Kilkenny offers a wide range of treatments from Facials to wrap...
- The National Reptile Zoo Gowran (9.4 miles) - The National Reptile Zoo is Ireland's ONLY dedicated reptile zoo and we are open from 10am to 6p...
- Kiltorcan Raceway Ballyhale (13.4 miles) - Kiltorcan Raceway is one of Ireland's best out door go-kart circuit's and is known to be cha...
- Leisureplex Dublin & Cork (14.4 miles) - For bowling, quasar, kids parties, arcade games and a little of everything in between, Leisureplex h...