Snake River Rafting Trips in Jackson Hole - Whitewater River Trips and Scenic Floats
Mad River is the ticket to exploring the wild and scenic Snake River. Whether rafting with family or a group of friends, Mad River guarantees Snake River rafting will be the highlight of a trip to Jackson Hole. Choose between a whitewater trip or a scenic float. Professional and experienced river guides and friendly staff are what make the difference!
Important Things to Know
*Most trips are 3.5 hours door to door
*All trips depart from the Mad River Boathouse in Jackson Hole
*Trips range from $79-$99 depending on boat size and meal option
*Minimum age for whitewater is 6 years old, minimum age for scenic float is 4 years old
Mad River Boat Trips offers daily whitewater trips on three types of rafts; classic (up to 16 people), small (up to 8 people), super smalls (up to 6 people). All whitewater trips travel down the breathtaking Snake River Canyon Corridor for an exhilarating 8 mile river trip of class II and III rapids. Join Mad River for dinner on the river by choosing Mad River’s famous Riverside Steak or Trout Cookout trip- prepared and served at Mad River’s own riverside dining site, overlooking the two largest rapids on the river.
Join Mad River for a scenic float trip on the calm-water sections of the Snake River. All Snake River scenic floats are guide-powered so relax and enjoy the scenery all around. This 13-Mile stretch of braided river is home to an array of wildlife and is especially rich in bird life. Join Mad River in the morning or midday on a float with Grand Teton views and spectacular mountain scenery. Bring cameras and make lasting memories with the beautiful scenery of the Snake River.
Inclusions, Exclusions, Options
***INCLUSIONS – transportation to and from the river, complimentary splash gear, personal floatation device, professional guide
***EXCLUSIONS – wetsuits and river booties (available to rent), guide gratuity
***OPTIONS – complimentary pick up from Teton Village or Jackson Hole based hotels, meal trips available
Mad River Boat Trips is a river outfitter in Jackson Hole, Wyoming offering whitewater river trips and scenic floats daily during the summer since 1977. Early in the nineteenth century, a group of trapper explorers were the first to investigate the stretch of the Snake River below Jackson Hole. Deciding at the time that it was far too treacherous to boat, they called it "The Mad River". The boats may have changed over the years, but here at Mad River, the passion for adventure remains the same. The Snake River in Jackson Hole has been classified as a class I-III river, enjoy anything from a flat water scenic float in the north, to exciting whitewater rapids in the Snake River Canyon to the south.
Eat and Drink
- Snake River Brewing - Jackson (1.8 miles) - America's most award-winning small brewery since 1994 offering a wide array of lagers and ales w...
- Sweetwater Restaurant - Jackson (2.0 miles) - We are the oldest restaurant in Jackson and are located in a 101 year old historic log cabin. Servin...
- Moe's Original Bar B Que - Jackson (2.0 miles) - Recognized with many awards, Moe’s Original Bar B Que has been named one of the Top 10 Rib Joints ...
See and Do
- Mad River Boat Trips Jackson (0.0 miles) - Snake River Rafting Trips in Jackson Hole - Whitewater River Trips and Scenic Floats Mad River is the...
- Mad River Boat Trips Jackson (0.0 miles) - Mad River has professionally trained river guides with international certifications - highly trained...
- Jackson Hole Eco Tour Adventures Jackson (0.1 miles) - Eco Tour Adventures was created to help people connect with the natural world through wildlife obser...
- Sands Whitewater and Scenic River Trips Jackson (0.2 miles) - Sands Whitewater and Scenic River Rafting Trips in Jackson, Wyoming offers both whitewater trips and...
- Yellowstone Safari Tours Jackson Hole (0.5 miles) - Yellowstone Safari Tours in Jackson Hole, provides guided tours of Yellowstone and Grand Teton Parks...