Located on the Devon/Cornwall border and surrounded by stunning country views, The Horn of Plenty is a beautiful, independently owned 4-star Country House Hotel with a 2 AA Rosette fine dining restaurant.
You'll feel right at home here; this luxury manor house hotel offers a welcoming vibe of quality, relaxation and comfort.
The Horn of Plenty is a beautiful 19th century manor house located in stunning surroundings overlooking the Tamar Valley. We offer a high standard of excellence to help make your stay in the West Country all the more relaxing, comfortable and enjoyable.
Each of our 16 en-suite bedrooms is unique in it’s country chic design, displaying both contemporary richness and classic sophistication. We’ve taken great care to restore the original period features, whilst installing all the modern comforts we know our guests will appreciate.
Main House rooms are more traditional with high ceilings, big windows and stripped wooden floors. The original coach house rooms have a country feel, whilst the new coach house rooms (built in 2014) are contemporary in style.
All of our rooms are light, fresh and airy. Most have balconies from which to enjoy the panoramic views of the beautiful landscape. From our magnificent Victorian walled gardens to the untouched charm of the Tamar Valley that lies beyond, we offer an experience that will delight your senses.
We are pleased to welcome well-behaved dogs in selected Coach House rooms; please just let us know when you book.
With 2 AA Rosettes for fine dining, a passion for local produce and a team of genuinely smiley, helpful staff, The Horn of Plenty has been regarded as one of the very best restaurants in Devon for almost 50 years. With the stunning, untouched beauty of the Tamar Valley as the backdrop, diners are invited to enjoy a truly unique experience.
Food for us is where the heart is. Our menu showcases our passion for British food, with hints of French flair.
Our talented team of six chefs thrive at creating exciting dishes using high quality, seasonal ingredients. Creativity, flavour and visual appeal are all harnessed to stunning effect.
Temptations include handpicked Cornish crab & crayfish salad with curry spiced mayonnaise and Alphonso mango, followed by Brixham day boat Turbot, Thai scented puree and crab & ginger tortellini. For dessert, Scott Paton’s signature dish of peanut & dulce textures with malted milk ice cream is a delight.
We are big advocates of local producers. We believe passionately that Devon and Cornwall are home to some of the finest ingredients in the land, so we source what we can locally, and theme our dishes based on the seasons. Currently over 70% of our produce is sourced within Devon, and 90% from the South West
We’re open daily for lunch, afternoon tea and dinner.
The Horn of Plenty is situated in the Tamar Valley, an official Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty that borders Dartmoor National Park. It is also set within the Cornwall and West Devon Mining Landscape UNESCO World Heritage site.
With 5 acres of gardens and uninterrupted views across the stunning Tamar Valley, this is a lovely place to sit, relax and enjoy the tranquillity.
The Horn of Plenty is an excellent touring base for those who share a love for the West Country. Located half way between North and South coasts, and on the border between Devon and Cornwall, our surroundings are simply stunning.
Our Recent Awards
- 4 AA star hotel with 3 AA rosette fine dining restaurant 2016
- “UK Small Hotel of the Year”, Silver Award – 2014/15 Visit England Awards for Excellence
- “Devon Small Hotel of the Year”, Gold Award – 2014 Devon Tourism Awards
Out and about
There’s a huge range of places to visit within a 60 minute drive, including:
- The beautiful Dartmoor national park (10mins)
- Both North and South Coast beaches with surfing, sailing, swimming and the South West Coastal Path (45-60mins)
- The Tamar Valley at the bottom of our garden; ideal for walking and cycling
- Buckland Abbey is in it’s own secluded valley above the River Tavy (20mins)
- Cotehele house, gardens, quay, watermill, woodland and a lovely riverside walk from Cotehele to Calstock. (15mins)
- The Garden House, Yelverton , centred on an enchanting walled garden surrounding the romantic ruins of a medieval vicarage. (15mins)
- Plymouth Hoe, Barbican, Gin Distillery and National Marine Aquarium (45mins)
Eat and Drink
- The Horn of Plenty - Tavistock (0.0 miles) - Located on the Devon/Cornwall border and surrounded by stunning country views, The Horn of Plenty is...
- The Bedford Hotel - Tavistock (2.6 miles) - The Bedford Hotel in the heart of the historic Devon market town of Tavistock. Comfortable and indivi...
- Treesurfers at the Tamar Trails - Gulworthy (3.1 miles) - The Tamar Trails is the new hub for a network of family trails and outdoor activities in this unique...
- Pentillie Castle & Estate - Saltash (5.7 miles) - Fabulous country house available for exclusive hire, weddings, boutique 5 star B&B or corporate even...
- Moorland Garden Hotel - Yelverton (6.3 miles) - Located on the edge of Dartmoor National Park, just a few minutes from Plymouth city centre, a frien...
See and Do
- Treesurfers at the Tamar Trails Gulworthy (3.1 miles) - The Tamar Trails is the new hub for a network of family trails and outdoor activities in this unique...
- Pentillie Castle & Estate Saltash (5.7 miles) - Fabulous country house available for exclusive hire, weddings, boutique 5 star B&B or corporate even...
- Crag 2 Mountain Plymouth (8.0 miles) - Welcome to Crag 2 Mountain, we are a family owned Adventure Activities Company based in South Devon ...
- LOWER LAKE SHOOTING GROUND LISKEARD (9.7 miles) - Lower Lake shooting ground is situated on the border between Cornwall and Devon right in the heart o...
- Aerosaurus Balloons Launceston (10.0 miles) - Champagne Hot Air Balloon Rides Over Cornwall with Aerosaurus Balloons. Aerosaurus Balloons offer a f...
- Plymouth Garden Centre LTD - Plymouth (9.9 miles) - Plymouth Garden Centre Ltd is a family run garden centre in the heart of Plymouth. With plants as ou...
- Martin Bush Gallery - Plymouth (12.3 miles) - This is a gallery as well as the studio of the Royal William Yard's "Artist in Residence"...
- Pixieland - Dartmeet, Dartmoor (14.0 miles) - Welcome to Pixieland, the home of the Dartmoor Pixie! The home of all things magical and unusual, Pix...