The Tara Boat Company has operated in Cambodia for over 10 Years and our experience and knowledge means our specialist Boat Tours offer the best way to experience the Tonle Sap Lake. Operating 365 Days a year we offer a hassle free way to explore the area and learn how the lake supports the local people. Our Safety record is immaculate and most importantly we ensure you are looked after for the duration of your chosen tour. We ensure you are not exposed to any of the scams ensuring that we look after the safety and enjoyment of every customer from collection to return to your hotel with our all-inclusive prices leaving you with nothing to worry about.
We offer a range of half and full day tours in both Siem Reap and Phnom Penh to choose from to explore the lakes, rivers and floating villages to suit all needs starting from $24. Whether you choose to visit the floating village at Chong Khneas, the quieter Kompong Phluk Village and flooded forest, the little visited Kompong Khleang Village or the famous bird watching area of Prek Toal Biosphere Centre you can be sure that the Tara Boat Company will offer you a memorable trip to these special places and look after you to ensure optimum enjoyment.
We also have the unique Queen Tara Boat where many of our tours stop for meals and drinks and the opportunity to relax and take in the unrivaled views the top deck offers. At over 41 meters in length the Queen Tara is the biggest boat on the Tonle Sap Lake. It provides lots of space to relax aboard with our professional Tara Staff to look after you. It’s also the perfect place to come to see the sunset on our always popular $36 Sunset Tour which includes a full buffet selection plus unlimited drinks including cocktails and of course the best view to watch the sun go down on the lake. We have a strong reputation and are, amongst others, recommended by Lonely Planet, Travelfish, TripAdvisor, Viator, GetYourGuide, Roundtheworld and Le Routard as well as many independent travel blogs.
To ensure that each and every customer has a safe, enjoyable and unique travel experience... to promote best practice and sustainability through training and education of our most valuable asset, our employees.
Tours and Prices
1. 3-Hour Tour of Floating Village 1pm-4pm $24 pp
2. Tonle Sap Floating Village Tour from Siem Reap 8am-12pm or 10am-2pm please specify on booking. $29 pp
3. Sunset Dinner Tour on Tonle Sap Floating Village 3:30pm-7:30pm $36 pp
4. Kompong Phluk Half-Day Tour from Siem Reap 9am-1pm $38 pp
5. Kompong Phluk 2 villages full day adventure tour 10am - 4:30pm $58 pp
6. Kompong Phluk 2 villages and sunset special 2pm - 7:30pm $68 pp
7. Half-Day Meychrey Floating Village Tour 8:30am-12pm $38 pp
8. Kompong Khleang Day Tour from Siem Reap 8:30am-3pm $72 pp
9. Prek Toal Biosphere Reserve Tour from Siem Reap 6am-3pm $165 pp
10. Sunset Dinner on the Tonle Sap Lake and Phare Cambodian Circus Seating Section A 3:30pm - 9pm $76 pp
11. Sunset Dinner on the Tonle Sap Lake and Phare Cambodian Circus Seating Section B 3:30pm - 9pm $68 pp
12. Sunset Dinner on the Tonle Sap Lake and Phare Cambodian Circus Seating Section C 3:30pm - 9pm $64 pp
13. Mekong River Cruise and Silk Island Tour from Phnom Penh 8am-3pm $39 pp
14. Phnom Penh Sunset Cruise Including BBQ and Drinks 5pm-7:30pm $29 pp
15. Phnom Penh to Siem Reap Full-Day Cruise Transfer 7am - 4:30pm $95 pp
16. Siem Reap to Phnom Penh Full-Day Cruise Transfer 8am - 5:30pm $95 pp
17. Day Trip to Phnom Kulen Mountain from Siem Reap 8am-3pm $95 pp
18. Day Trip to Beng Mealea Temple and Kampong Khleang from Siem Reap 8am-5pm $92 pp
19. Phnom Bok Mountain Temple Tour From Siem Reap 8am-3pm $38 pp
20. Village Life 4-Hour Tour from Siem Reap Start time flexible $38 pp
21. Siem Reap Full-Day Temple Tour by Bike Start time flexible $26 pp
Please note certain tours require a minimum 2 people per booking. Please check our website for details.
All our tours are the price advertised with no additional hidden costs and include: - pick up and return from hotel/guesthouse in Air Conditioned Company Mini Vans - all transfers - fully experienced local English Speaking, Professional Tara guide, safety conscious Tara drivers on our mini Tara boats - all check point fees - meals and drinks (unless otherwise stated). Please see our website for details.
Eat and Drink
- Lilypop Restaurant - Siem Reap (0.7 miles) - Lilypop serve Khmer Thai , Chinese and Asian fusion food. The only one place you can eat a unique ...
- Khmer Chef - Siem Reap (0.9 miles) - Serving Authentic Cambodian (Khmer) Dishes like, Amok, Lok-lak, Chaa khanjai, chaa kadal, Machu kria...
- Curry Walla - Siem Reap (0.9 miles) - Serving wide range of Indian and Cambodian food.
- Namaste Taste of India - Siem Reap (0.9 miles) - Serving Vegetarian and Non-vegetarian authentic Indian dishes.
- Genevieve's Restaurant - Siem Reap (0.9 miles) - Genevieve's is 2 minutes walk from Pub St., the main tourist area of Siem Reap. It serves Cambod...
See and Do
- Tara Riverboat Company Siem Reap (0.0 miles) - The Tara Boat Company has operated in Cambodia for over 10 Years and our experience and knowledge me...
- War Museum Cambodia Siem Reap (0.0 miles) - The War Museum in Siem Reap is the only War Museum in Cambodia. It offers visitors a unique and insi...
- Phare, The Cambodian Circus Siem Reap City (0.8 miles) - Phare, The Cambodian Circus "Amazing vibe & energy, transforming the lives of Cambodian youth...
- Namaste Spa Siem Reap (0.9 miles) - Providing Massages, Henna tatoo, Scrub, Waxing, facial Massage and hair treatments etc.
- Bugs Cafe Siem Reap (1.1 miles) - Bugs Cafe is a unique restaurant in South East Asia, located in Siem Reap, just a few minutes far fr...
- Georges Rum Tasting Experience - Siem Reap (1.6 miles) - Try the 22 different flavours of rhums and jams for FREE! Bring you friends and family! Georges’ k...
- Georges Rhumerie and French Asian Fusion Restaurant - siem reap (1.7 miles) - OUR PLACE We just love Creole Cuisine ! Our unique take on French Creole is inspired by Georges’ m...
- Sombai - Siem Reap (1.8 miles) - Come discover Sombai, the local liqueur of Siem Reap in a typical Khmer house. See how it is prepar...