Great Wall Tour: Mutianyu + Summer Palace
This tour is suitable for those who want to see the Great Wall of China, as well as the largest imperial garden existing in China, the Summer Palace. The tour will start from the Great Wall at Mutianyu, the most beautiful section of the Great Wall and less crowded. The Summer Palace is located in the northwest of Beijing which takes about 1.5 hours from Mutianyu. It was first built at the beginning of the 12th century. In 1153, when the Jin Dynasty chose Beijing as its Central Capital (called Yanjing then), they started to build a temporary palace on the present site of the Summer Palace. It encountered several disasters and the present park was rebuilt in 1903 and opened to the public in 1928 as the private garden of the Last Emperor Puyi. Inside the Summer Palace, we will also take a small boat to the Suzhou Street, the place where the Qing Emperor enjoyed shopping.
Great Wall at Mutianyu
Pick up at 8:30 am to see Mutianyu, the most beautiful section of the Great Wall and less touristy. It is about 85 km northeast of Beijing which takes about 1.5 hours by car. The Great Wall at Mutianyu was built and restored in the early Ming Dynasty (1368-1644), on the remnants of a Wall originally built in the Northern Qi Dynasty (550-577). Built mainly from granite, the pass at Mutianyu is an appropriately unique section of the Great Wall. With a height of 7 to 8 meters, and width of 4 to 5 meters, as well as crenellations on both sides of the Wall, the section of the Wall at Mutianyu stretches for more than 2.5 kilometers. After 2 hours walking on the Wall, lunch will be served in Xiaolongpu, a famous Chinese restaurant nearby.
After lunch, drive for 1.5 hours to see the Summer Palace, the largest and best preserved imperial garden in China now. Inside the Summer Palace, we will also take a boat to see the Suzhou Street, where the eunuch and concubine used to disguise as sellers for the emperor to enjoy shopping by using a special kind of coin. On the way back the hotel, drive by the Olympic Stadiums to take pictures of the Bird’s Nest and Water Cube.
350$/P.P. (1 Person)
208$/P.P. (2 Persons)
188$/P.P. (3 Persons)
158$/P.P. (4 Persons)
138$/P.P. (5 Persons)
118$/P.P. (6 Persons)
108$/P.P. (7-9 Persons)
• Hotel pickup and drop-off
• Transfers between hotel and sights
• Entrance fees to all sights listed
• Boat ride in the Summer Palace
• Two Ways Shuttle Bus/Cable Car
• Quality local Chinese lunch
• Experienced English-speaking guide
• Bottled Water
• Please email us the number of travelers, names of the tour and lead traveler, detailed name and address of hotel upon booking.
• This is a private day tour, no shopping stop is included.
• Your guide will hold a sign of Wikibeijing in the lobby, and please pay the tour fee to him directly at the end of the tour.
Eat and Drink
- TRB Bites - Beijing (1.7 miles) - TRB Bites is a casual & modern eatery by the established TRB Hospitality Group, the restaurant breat...
- Black Sesame Kitchen - Beijing (2.3 miles) - Black Sesame Kitchen offers weekly event communal dining on Tuesday and Friday evenings and cooking ...
- TRB - Beijing (2.7 miles) - TRB serves contemporary European cuisine and is committed to providing the highest level of hospital...
- ITA ITALIAN RESTAURANT 意塔意大利餐厅 - BEIJING (13.3 miles) - GOOD FOOD,GOOD SERVIICE.GOOD PLACE.
See and Do
- Private Tour: Temple of Heaven, Tiananmen Square, Forbidden City and Summer Palace Beijing (0.0 miles) - This private day tour is a comprehensive introduction to the most popular attractions in Beijing for...
- Great Wall Tour: Mutianyu Early Bird Departure With Chairlift Up And Toboggan Down Beijing (0.0 miles) - This private Great Wall Tour will take you to the most beautiful section of the Wall in Beijing, Mut...
- to be revisied Beijing (0.0 miles) - Must-Sees Tour: Tian'anmen Square + Forbidden City + Mutianyu This tour combines two important mu...
- Private Day Tour: Tian'anmen Square, Forbidden City and Mutianyu Great Wall Beijing (0.0 miles) - This tour combines two important must-sees in the city as well as a visit to the famous Great Wall o...
- Beijing Private Culture Experience With Lunch Inclusive Beijing (0.0 miles) - You will get to know the local people's life and learn to make traditional Chinese handicrafts ....