Great Wall Tour: Juyongguan + Sacred Way + Hutong
Visit the Juyongguan section of the Great Wall, 37 miles (60 km) northwest of downtown Beijing. This experience is ideal for travelers who wish to reach the Wall easily because it takes only 2 minutes to get to the Wall from the parking lot. This private tour also includes a visit to the Sacred Way leading to the Ming Tombs with 36 exquisitely carved marble statues. On the way back Beijing, a stop nearby the Bird’s Nest and Water Cube offers a good opportunity to take pictures of the main stadiums for the 2008 Summer Olympic Games. The tour wraps up by visiting the Hutong, the old and narrow city lanes with hundreds of years history.
Great Wall at Juyongguan
Begin the tour by meeting your guide in the lobby at 9am. Drive for approximately one hour to reach Juyongguan, which is the closest section of the Great Wall to Beijing. Upon arrival, take a short 2-minute walk from the parking lot to reach the Wall. Juyongguan is located in the 11 mile (18 km) long Guangou valley where the Jundu Mountain and Yan Mountain meet, it was the only route between Beijing and Mongolia in the past. It is one of the three greatest passes of the Great Wall which is roughly circular with a perimeter of over 2.5 miles (4 km).
Continue to see the Sacred Way where 36 stone statues are standing to guard the Ming Emperors' afterlife. The Ming emperor believed that after their coffin was carried through the Sacred Way, their soul could rise up to Heaven. The 7 km long way was considered to be the distance between the secular world and celestial world. After 40 minutes walk along the Sacred Way, drive back city to have lunch in a local non-tourist restaurant.
On the way back Beijing, drive by the Olympic Village to take pictures of the main stadiums. Continue to explore Hutong, the old and narrow city alley way which witnessed hundreds of year’s history of Beijing. We are going to take rickshaws and visit a local family to know something more about Beijing locals.
338$/P.P. (1 Person)
198$/P.P. (2 Persons)
158$/P.P. (3 Persons)
138$/P.P. (4 Persons)
118$/P.P. (5 Persons)
108$/P.P. (6 Persons)
98$/P.P. (7-9 Persons)
• Hotel pickup and drop-off
• Transport by air-conditioned vehicle
• Entrance fees to all sights listed
• Quality Chinese Lunch
• Experienced English-speaking guide
• Bottled Water
• Please email us the number of travelers, names of the tour and lead traveler, detailed name and address of hotel upon booking.
• This is a private day tour, no shopping stop is included.
• Your guide will hold a sign of Wikibeijing in the lobby, and please pay the tour fee to him directly at the end of the tour.
Eat and Drink
- TRB Bites - Beijing (1.7 miles) - TRB Bites is a casual & modern eatery by the established TRB Hospitality Group, the restaurant breat...
- Black Sesame Kitchen - Beijing (2.3 miles) - Black Sesame Kitchen offers weekly event communal dining on Tuesday and Friday evenings and cooking ...
- TRB - Beijing (2.7 miles) - TRB serves contemporary European cuisine and is committed to providing the highest level of hospital...
- ITA ITALIAN RESTAURANT 意塔意大利餐厅 - BEIJING (13.3 miles) - GOOD FOOD,GOOD SERVIICE.GOOD PLACE.
See and Do
- Private Tour: Temple of Heaven, Tiananmen Square, Forbidden City and Summer Palace Beijing (0.0 miles) - This private day tour is a comprehensive introduction to the most popular attractions in Beijing for...
- Great Wall Tour: Mutianyu Early Bird Departure With Chairlift Up And Toboggan Down Beijing (0.0 miles) - This private Great Wall Tour will take you to the most beautiful section of the Wall in Beijing, Mut...
- to be revisied Beijing (0.0 miles) - Must-Sees Tour: Tian'anmen Square + Forbidden City + Mutianyu This tour combines two important mu...
- Private Day Tour: Tian'anmen Square, Forbidden City and Mutianyu Great Wall Beijing (0.0 miles) - This tour combines two important must-sees in the city as well as a visit to the famous Great Wall o...
- Beijing Private Culture Experience With Lunch Inclusive Beijing (0.0 miles) - You will get to know the local people's life and learn to make traditional Chinese handicrafts ....