Great Wall Tour: Mutianyu + Hutong + Peking Roast Duck
This tour is one of the typical Great Wall tours in Beijing. It includes a visit to the most popular section of the Great Wall with foreigners, Mutianyu. It is a section of the Wall located in the northeast part of Beijing, about 85 km from downtown. Not only could you see the most beautiful section of the Great Wall, but also enjoy the beautiful countryside en route. Both ways of cable cars are included in the package to make the most of time on the Wall instead of walking to it. The tour also offers a chance to try the iconic dish in Beijing, the Peking Roast Duck, in a local cozy non-tourist restaurant. Hutong is the old and typical part of Beijing, exactly the same as the buildings and layout of Beijing hundreds of years ago. We are going to take the rickshaw to explore the old and narrow city lanes, as well as getting inside a local family to get a better understanding of the traditional courtyard house, Siheyuan.
Great Wall at Mutianyu
Pick up at 8:00 am to see Mutianyu, the most beautiful section of the Great Wall, which is about 1.5 hours drive from Beijing. Mutianyu is pretty and less touristy, more popular with foreign visitors. It was built and restored in the early Ming Dynasty (1368-1644), on the remnants of a Wall originally built in the Northern Qi Dynasty (550-577). Cars have to stop at the foot of the mountain and visitors need to take the shuttle bus both ways to and from the parking lot. From the parking lot, it takes about 10 minutes to reach the cable car station and another 5 minutes to get on the actual Wall.
Peking Roast Duck
Drive back Beijing to have Peking Roast Duck in a local non-tourist restaurant after 2 hours walking on the Wall. Peking Roast Duck is the most famous local food in Beijing, which is very popular with visitors home and abroad.
After lunch, continue to see Hutong, the old and original part of Beijing which means water well in Mongolian. We will take the rickshaw to tour around Hutong, as well as visiting a local family to get to know traditional Beijing courtyard residence (Siheyuan) and authentic local people's life.
358$/P.P. (1 Person)
218$/P.P. (2 Persons)
198$/P.P. (3 Persons)
168$/P.P. (4 Persons)
138$/P.P. (5 Persons)
128$/P.P. (6 Persons)
118$/P.P. (7-9 Persons)
• Hotel pickup and drop-off
• Transfers between hotel and sights
• Entrance fees to all sights listed
• Service fees to Hutong Guide/Driver
• Two Ways Shuttle Bus/Cable Car
• Lunch (Peking Roast Duck)
• Experienced English-speaking guide
• Bottled Water
• Please email us the number of travelers, names of the tour and lead traveler, detailed name and address of hotel upon booking.
• This is a private day tour, no shopping stop is included.
• Your guide will hold a sign of Wikibeijing in the lobby, and please pay the tour fee to him directly at the end of the tour.
Eat and Drink
- TRB Bites - Beijing (1.7 miles) - TRB Bites is a casual & modern eatery by the established TRB Hospitality Group, the restaurant breat...
- Black Sesame Kitchen - Beijing (2.3 miles) - Black Sesame Kitchen offers weekly event communal dining on Tuesday and Friday evenings and cooking ...
- TRB - Beijing (2.7 miles) - TRB serves contemporary European cuisine and is committed to providing the highest level of hospital...
- ITA ITALIAN RESTAURANT 意塔意大利餐厅 - BEIJING (13.3 miles) - GOOD FOOD,GOOD SERVIICE.GOOD PLACE.
See and Do
- Private Tour: Temple of Heaven, Tiananmen Square, Forbidden City and Summer Palace Beijing (0.0 miles) - This private day tour is a comprehensive introduction to the most popular attractions in Beijing for...
- Great Wall Tour: Mutianyu Early Bird Departure With Chairlift Up And Toboggan Down Beijing (0.0 miles) - This private Great Wall Tour will take you to the most beautiful section of the Wall in Beijing, Mut...
- to be revisied Beijing (0.0 miles) - Must-Sees Tour: Tian'anmen Square + Forbidden City + Mutianyu This tour combines two important mu...
- Private Day Tour: Tian'anmen Square, Forbidden City and Mutianyu Great Wall Beijing (0.0 miles) - This tour combines two important must-sees in the city as well as a visit to the famous Great Wall o...
- Beijing Private Culture Experience With Lunch Inclusive Beijing (0.0 miles) - You will get to know the local people's life and learn to make traditional Chinese handicrafts ....