Experience the exhilaration of free flight as you learn to fly in the
beautiful Peak District.
# Fly "solo" - safety tethers used.
# Great fun introduction to the sport!
# Good group / Corporate day out.
# Learn the basics of hang gliding.
# Expert instruction with the U.K.'s oldest school.
Our Fun-day is a very popular tentative/bold! step to take for a introduction
into the sport of Hang Gliding, without commitment to a course. This can
also be a Fun-day for your family and friends, as they are welcome to come
along to provide support, take photos etc.
The day starts with a safety briefing, looking at the hang glider, its parts
and functions and completing a daily inspection.
The first session will be spent learning to launch the glider and use
directional control to keep it going straight. ?There will also be an
introduction into slow and fast flight appreciation, altering the speed of
the wing and the landing flare.
Lunch - approx an hour.
In the afternoon it will be time to start getting people flying the gliders
solo, using the learning from the morning session. On average, students will
gain 5 solo flights reaching heights of 5 to 20 foot. The heights gained
will depend on the wind/weather conditions and personal progression. The
syllabus is subject to change due to the weather / wind on the day and
The day will finish with a summary, debriefing session and with a well
earned congratulations at completing your first day of hang gliding
Second day will progress on from the first to longer flights - wind permitting.
If any days are cancelled due to bad weather you can book another date and
will not lose any credit.
Our sites are farm and moorland which can be uneven and slippery under foot.
Trainers with good grip are ideal footwear. You should bring with you
clothing appropriate to the weather conditions for the day. The Hill is in
exposed places where prevailing winds can be chilly.
Weight and Age
The minimum age limit for a hang gliding fun day is 14. Under 18's need
parental consent to undertake the course. Due to restraints of each glider,
there is an upper weight limit of 16 stone. You must be in good health, and
reasonably fit. Please contact us if you are unsure.
Gift vouchers are valid for 12 months from the date of purchase. The
flight/course must be booked within this time period. No refund or extension
will be given for expired vouchers. No shows and or late cancellations (Less
than 7 days notice ) will incur a 50% surcharge for rebooking payable in
advance. This cannot be negotiated.
Eat and Drink
- Leek Bar and Grill - Leek (3.1 miles) - Leek bar and grill is a modern and friendly restaurant and wine bar, specializing in exciting Turkis...
- Stafford Arms - Stoke-on-Trent (7.9 miles) - The Stafford Arms is an independently-owned pub with its history dating back to the 16th Century, an...
- The Cheshire Gap Deli - Macclesfield (9.3 miles) - The Cheshire Gap is the oldest Deli in Macclesfield established since 1994, we have a fabulous deli ...
- Ring O Bells - Thornton (9.8 miles) - Gluten free British food, freshly cooked using local sourced produce. Cask ales relaxing atmosphere ...
- The Exchange Bar & Kitchen - Hanley (11.4 miles) - THE EXCHANGE BAR & KITCHEN is situated in Stoke-on-Trent and is the areas premium bar, providing a c...
See and Do
- Peak District Hang Gliding Training Course Fun Day Voucher leek (0.0 miles) - Experience the exhilaration of free flight as you learn to fly in the beautiful Peak District. # Fly...
- Buxton Opera House Buxton (8.3 miles) - Buxton Opera House is one of Britain’s leading receiving theatres, presenting around 450 performan...
- Escape Quest Macclesfield (9.1 miles) - Do you enjoy solving puzzles, mysteries and riddles? Would you like the challenge of finding clues a...
- W Moorcroft Ltd Stoke-on-Trent (10.8 miles) - Since 1897, each piece of Moorcroft art pottery has been made entirely by hand from start to finish ...
- Prestbury Golf Club Prestbury (11.3 miles) - Situated in the beautiful Cheshire countryside just 15 miles south of Manchester on the outskirts of...
- David Mellor - Hope Valley (18.8 miles) - The David Mellor Cutlery Factory, Design Museum, Country Shop and Cafe - all on the same site. Just ...