Family run licensed Guest House & Restaurant set in beautiful Highland Village. All rooms en-suite, tea & coffee making facilities, hairdryers in all rooms. Excellent base for golf, fishing, sailing, ski-ing & birdwatching, RSPB within easy reach. We are centrally situated for touring the Highlands of Scotland ie Loch Ness, Cawdor Castle, Whisky Trail, Cairngorms and much more. We are also in the Cairngorm National Park.
We guarantee a warm welcome and high standard of cuisine prepared by chef/proprietor.
Local knowledge is submitted by travellers and is based on personal experiences. This might include recommendations of places to eat or drink, things to see and do, local shopping areas, information about local customs and local tourism tips.
Eat and Drink
- The Cairngorm Hotel - Aviemore (6.5 miles) - The Cairn as it is known locally is home to a traditional style pub/lounge and restaurant. As well as the usual international beers they also offer a range of locally brewed beer and ales. Food is more expensive than normal pub fare, but is of a very high quality! Excellent service.
- The Old Bridge Inn - Aviemore (6.8 miles) - Another of Aviemore's traditional style pubs. Has an open fire in the evenings. Has outdoor seating area facing the river during the summer. Good food & beer, but a bit expensive for your average backpacker.
See and Do
- Cairngorm Brewery Company Aviemore (5.6 miles) - Brewery established in 2001. Offers tours.
- Loch Morlich Aviemore (9.0 miles) - Sandy beaches. A 6km roundtrip is described on [http://www.walkhighlands.co.uk/cairngorms/loch-morlich.shtml Walkhighlands].
- Cairngorm Reindeer Centre Aviemore (9.1 miles) - See reindeer.
- Loch an Eilein and Castle Aviemore (9.2 miles) - A lake in the Rothiemurchus Forest with a ruined castle on an island. A 7km walk around the lake is described on [http://www.walkhighlands.co.uk/cairngorms/loch-an-eilein.shtml Walkhighlands].
- Cairngorm Funicular Railway Aviemore (11.5 miles) - The funicular railway brings you to the top station at around 1000m. You can leave the station only with a guided tour for conservation reasons.