Dive and snorkel the Cape Byron Marine Park with Byron Bay Dive Centre. Experience the underwater brilliance of Julian Rocks Marine Reserve, one of Australia’s top ten dive sites. Julian Rocks is one of the few dive sites where you can swim with tropical species found on the Great Barrier Reef as well animals from Australia’s deep Southern Ocean.
Here the reserve is home to three different species of sea turtle, an assortment of rays including mantas, hard and soft corals, friendly wobbegong sharks and over four hundred different species of fish. All of this is only a five-minute boat ride from Byron Bay.
The Byron Bay Dive Centre caters for all levels of diving experience. Join one of our guided dive trips and let our dive crew show you one of Australia’s most spectacular dive sites.
Whether you are an experienced diver, recently certified or haven’t dived for some time we will ensure you enjoy a safe and rewarding diving experience at Julian Rocks.
We provide all equipment hire (if required), the boat ride (on which we frequently see dolphins) and a dive guide to show you around on a dive of up to 50 minutes.
When you return to the dive shop there are hot showers and our dive crew will help you fill out your logbooks and identify some of the creatures you saw.
If diving is not your thing then join one of our daily snorkelling trips to Julian Rocks. You will be amazed by the diversity and colour found in the reserve’s clear shallow waters.
A snorkel trip to Julian Rocks Marine Reserve includes the boat ride, equipment hire (mask, snorkel, fins and wetsuit) and a free snorkel lesson (if required).
Whilst snorkelling you are supervised by qualified dive staff who will ensure you get the most from your trip to Julian Rocks Marine Reserve.
Julian Rocks Marine Reserve is one dive site you don’t want to miss.
Please note that all snorkel participants must be able to swim (minimum age of 5 years).
For all tours please bring swimmers and a towel, we will provide small lockers for your valuables and larger storage cupboards for your bags.
At the Byron Bay Dive Centre you can complete a range of PADI and SSI dive courses but be prepared to share your classroom with giant sea turtles and friendly blue gropers.
The Byron Bay Dive Centre is the only diving facility in Byron Bay that issues PADI and SSI diving certifications.
All confined water training is conducted at the dive shop, an instructor training facility, located in the heart of Byron Bay. Here we have a fully equipped classroom and a training pool heated to 25 degrees Celsius.
All open water-training dives are boat dives conducted at Julian Rocks Marine Reserve. Qualified scuba diving instructors supervise all course dives.
The following PADI and SSI dive courses are available at the Byron Bay Dive Centre:
Introductory Dive Course
Open Water Diver
Freediving Course – Apnea Level 1
Advanced Open Water Course
Rescue Dive Course
Eat and Drink
- O-sushi - Byron bay (0.2 miles) - Famous for being a place where city types can kick back and take it easy, this is a place for enrich...
- Amaze 'n' Place - Alstonville (18.1 miles) - Unique hedge maze, puzzle centre, puzzle gift shop, cafe. Non-claustrophobic hedge maze - the only on...
- Summerland House Farm - Alstonville (18.4 miles) - Summerland House Farm is a multi-award wining, must-see attraction creating opportunities for people...
- Comfort Inn Centrepoint Motel - Lismore (23.5 miles) - Located conveniently within the CBD of Lismore, the Centrepoint provides excellence in Lismore accom...
See and Do
- Byron Bay Whale Watching Byron Bay (0.0 miles) - Come and join us and experience one of the worlds most incredible animal migrations. Whale Watching ...
- Byron Bay Dive Centre Byron Bay (0.0 miles) - Dive and snorkel the Cape Byron Marine Park with Byron Bay Dive Centre. Experience the underwater br...
- Mountain Bike Tours Byron Bay Byron Bay (0.1 miles) - Choose your adventure! You may journey along remote beaches, ride through nature reserves and exhila...
- Cape Byron Kayaks Byron Bay (0.1 miles) - Byron Bay Sea Kayak tours with Cape Byron Kayaks - The original kayak with the dolphins tour in Byro...
- Byron Bay Adventure Tours Byron Bay (0.8 miles) - Byron Bay Adventure Tours conduct Byron tours that showcase this stunning destination including the ...