Private Guides and Private Drivers since 1980
ITALY AT IT’S BEST
This is the start of a mysterious and fascinating trip: a voyage across more than 20 centuries of creativity through which art and history intertwine, telling the story of what human ingenuity has created through the ages. Start your travel in Italy with us!
Welcome in Tuscany!
Licensed Tourist Guides & Drivers since 1980 PRIVATE & SMALL GROUP TOURS since 1980
Choose from our extensive range of private tours, small group tours and unique Italian experiences that are guaranteed to cement long term memories in your mind and have you returning to Italy year after year. We operate tours and experiences all over Italy and cater for a variety options and budgets. Let our experienced and qualified guides take you on a journey to uncover the real Italy. We look forward to meeting you soon.
DAILY DEPARTURES FROM FLORENCE, CHIANTI, PISA, LUCCA, SIENA, LIVORNO, LA SPEZIA, CIVITAVECCHIA, ROME, VENICE
MUSEUM TICKETS RESERVATION (SKIP THE LINE SERVICES)
WINE AND FOOD TOUR
Local knowledge is submitted by travellers and is based on personal experiences. This might include recommendations of places to eat or drink, things to see and do, local shopping areas, information about local customs and local tourism tips.
Eat and Drink
- Za-Za - Florence (0.6 miles) - A very nicely decorated restaurant with many vegetarian choices. You can choose to sit inside or outside in the piazza. The menu is huge, lots of choices, and the prices are fair. Service is outstanding, they really cater to your needs. Make sure to try the chianti house wine. Highly recommended. Beware: between the two doorways for Za Za, there is another, far more touristy trattoria. At first glance, it looks like part of the same place. Don't be fooled!
- Trattoria Mario - Florence (0.6 miles) - Via Rosina 2/R (near Piazza Mercato Centrale); (no bookings) The restaurant opens for lunch and they sit you with other people walking into the restaurant. There is a menu on the wall and the food is great and if you can, save room for a secondi (meat plate).
- L'Azdora - Florence (0.6 miles) - Very tasty and cheap food.
- Bamboo Lounge Club - Florence (0.6 miles) - Bamboo Lounge Club is a great place for young adults and students to party. The music is great from European to American techno and many other worldwide DJs. Bamboo Lounge Club offers VIP tables and has two midsized bars. It is very clean and safe to be in. It is located on Via Giuseppe Verdi not far from the Duomo. Dress is a little more than casual, but not too upscale. The loud music, dancing, and exciting atmosphere gives people a chance to let loose and have fun. The club features mostly house, techno and hip hop music.
- Il Giardino di Barbano - Florence (0.8 miles) - This restaurant just on the edge of the center offers a great way to escape the tourist restaurants and enjoy a good pizza between the locals. This restaurant offers great wood oven pizza's (try the O' Sole Mio) that you can enjoy in the garden (in summertime) or take-away and friendly staff (that recognize you on your second visit).
See and Do
- Centro Machiavelli Florence (0.2 miles) - Italian language and cultural school for foreigners. The structure and the contents of the programmes for the levels are based on the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages. The school also organises a programme of cultural activities and excursions to complement the language classes and enable the students to come into contact with the Italian culture and practice Italian in the field.
- Ponte Vecchio Florence (0.2 miles) - The oldest and most famous bridge over the Arno; the only Florentine bridge to survive WW2. The Ponte Vecchio (literally old bridge) is lined with shops, traditionally mostly jewellers since the days of the Medici. Vasari's elevated walkway crosses the Arno over the Ponte Vecchio, connecting the Uffizi to the old Medici palace.
- Ponte Vecchio Assassin's Creed Tour (0.2 miles) - The oldest and most famous bridge over the Arno; the only Florentine bridge to survive WW2.
- Santa Felicita Florence (0.2 miles) - Contains frescoes of the Annunciation and a painting of the Deposition of Christ by the brilliant and weird mannerist painter, Pontormo. They are to be found in the Barbadori Chapel, which is to your immediate right when entering the church.
- Pitti Palace Florence (0.2 miles) - On the quieter south bank of the Arno. The former Medici family palace contains galleries of their art and treasures. The Boboli gardens behind the palazzo offer wonderful walks and excellent views of the city and the countryside south of the city.