Arapahoe Basin has built its legendary reputation over the past 70 years. While abundant snowfall, the longest season in Colorado and some of the most beautiful terrain in the state has helped gain that status, it’s truly all about the skiers and riders who visit our mountain. That’s why we’re making improvements and keeping our special vibe alive – to elevate your experience. We want to make your day one worth repeating. Whether you return for a season, a weekend, or just in your mind, let A-Basin’s legend be the one you talk about when you talk about the Colorado skiing experience.
Base elevation: 10,780 ft / 3,286 m
Summit elevation: 13,050 ft / 3,978 m
Vertical rise: 2,270 ft / 692 m
Average annual snowfall: 350 in / 889 cm
Number of trails: 109
Longest run: 1.5 mi / 2.41 km
Skiable acres: 960 acres / 388 hectares
Snowmaking acres: 125 acres / 51 hectares
Lifts: 8 lifts in total
Terrain percentage by difficulty:
More difficult: 30%
Most difficult: 37%
Freestyle Terrain Parks: 2 - Treeline Terrain Park (intermediate to advanced) and High Divide Terrain Park (beginner to intermediate)
Easiest: Wrangler – a wide, winding path of discovery through the forested areas of A-Basin’s lower mountain, accessible from our high-speed quad, the Black Mountain Express lift.
More difficult: It’s hard to pick just one favorite intermediate trail! It’s a tie between the rolling fall-lines of Norway face on the front side of the mountain, or the long groomers with breathtaking views in Montezuma Bowl (Columbine and Larkspur).
Most difficult: The trails to skier’s left of the Pallavicini lift are some of the most powder-iffic and fun runs advanced skiers can find at the ski area. Pick your line on Slalom Slope, a moderately-pitched mogul-filled playground.
Extreme: All of the runs on the face of Pallavicini are iconic to us, including the double-fall line of The Spine and the tight and technical Alleys. But one of the best-known sights at A-Basin is the East Wall. East Wall hike-to terrain – work your legs and lungs and hike to the highest skiable terrain at A-Basin (13,050’) on the ridge of the East Wall. Typically open in March and April, this terrain is a special gem with steep couloirs and a powder field run-out.
What you don’t know about A-Basin: ... is that we truly have terrain for all ability levels. Of course, we’re known for our steeps. But you can take an affordable lesson with our Snowsports school on A-Basin’s two mellow learning areas, or take sweeping turns down our intermediate groomers. We hope to add even more intermediate terrain once our expansion into The Beavers is complete.
Best way to end the day: Après at the 6th Alley Bar & Grill with a sharable plate of nachos, a 6th Alley burger or one of our grill dinners… and, of course, one of our famous Bacon Bloody Marys – we sell nearly 40,000 of them in a season!
Location: A-Basin is located 68 miles west of Denver in Summit County, Colorado.
Eat and Drink
- Arapahoe Basin Ski Area - Dillon (0.0 miles) - Arapahoe Basin has built its legendary reputation over the past 70 years. While abundant snowfall, t...
See and Do
- Arapahoe Basin Ski Area Dillon (0.0 miles) - Arapahoe Basin has built its legendary reputation over the past 70 years. While abundant snowfall, t...
- Mountain View Sports Keystone (5.4 miles) - Winter Time - Mountain View Sports is an equipment rental shop offering up-to-date Ski, Snowboard, S...
- Summit Historical Society Dillon (9.0 miles) - Summit Historical Society owns historic structures, including a schoolhouse/museum preserved as it w...
- Georgetown Loop Railroad and Mining Park Georgetown (9.5 miles) - Basic info: The train ride is one hour and 15 minutes round-trip, the train ride and mine tour are t...
- Historic Georgetown, Inc. Georgetown (10.1 miles) - Historic Georgetown, Inc interprets two museums within the Victorian period in the mountain town of ...
- Mountain View Sports - Keystone (5.4 miles) - Winter Time - Mountain View Sports is an equipment rental shop offering up-to-date Ski, Snowboard, S...
- Raitman Art Galleries - Breckenridge (15.2 miles) - The Art on a Whim Galleries were founded in Breckenridge, Colorado by the Raitman family. We opened ...
- WoodStem - Winter Park (18.9 miles) - WoodStem is located in Winter Park, CO and is a Full Service Flower Shop offering Fresh Flowers, Gif...